DARK HEDGES - KINGS ROAD
Travel with the same company used by the Cast & Crew of the hit series, visit the stunning filming locations used in the production of Game of Thrones - From the moment you leave central Belfast onboard our luxury coach your day trip is thoughtfully planned out for you to enjoy an incredible adventure.
We provide props on location for photo opportunities & visit the Giants Causeway as a bonus location.
- Full Round Trip From Belfast
- Visit & Explore Filming Locations
- Props Provided On Location - Photos
- Bonus Visit - Giants Causeway Included
- Visit 2 Castles - Castle of Pyke - Carrickfergus
- Stop In Breathtaking Irish Coastal Villages
- Cross Rope Bridge - Re-opens 2022 - Covid
- Live Expert Commentary - Fully Guided
Travel in a luxury coach on our 5 star rated Game of thrones day tour from Belfast, visit the filming locations used by HBO on your 9:00 am central Belfast departure.
The first stop of the day is Carrickfergus castle built by the Normans in 1177 AD, altho nothing to do with game of thrones its on route and makes for a fantastic photo stop, the castle has stood the test of time and still looks incredible even today 800 years on.
We now travel 45 minutes along the famous coast road to Bravoss from Game of Thrones - 'Carnlough Harbour'. In season 6 Arya Stark jumps into the harbour to escape a surprise attack from Waif, she barely survives as she crawls up the harbour steps. Its easy to see why HBO used this location being a breathtaking fishing village that has not changed much in generations - you will have ample opportunity for refreshments and a comfort break.
Next we travel northwards and hug the coastal road deep into game of thrones territory, visiting the famous caves of Cushendun where Melisandre gave birth to a terrifying shadow baby in season 2. This location was also used in Season 8 with the famous battle between Jaime Lannister and Euron Greyjoy, discover and walk through the famous caves.
Next we visit a natural phenomenon of beech trees otherwise known as The Kings Road - 'The Dark Hedges'. The road famously featured in Season 2 - The North Remembers. This is where Arya Stark escaped from King’s Landing, disguised as a boy, she was with Yoren, Hot Pie, Gendry and others who are to join the Night’s Watch. The area has become one of the most instagramable spots in Northern Ireland - be sure to use the props provided.
Lunch time now we travel to Ballintoy village where you can grab lunch at your own expense at the Fullerton Arms - Game of Thrones style pub with replica iron throne or enjoy a pre-packed lunch in the picnic area.
The next stop a bonus location - and world hertiage site, Giant's Causeway. where you will have approximately 2 hours to fully discover the area and learn of the famous Myths & Legends.
Our final stop before our journey back to Belfast, we stop for a quick photo-op at dunluce castle otherwise known as the Seat of House Greyjoy, the great castle of Pyke. The castle sits on a cliffs edge and dates back to the 13th century. Don't forget to make sure you have a fully charged phone as you don't want to miss all the amazing photo opportunities on your trip.
To Book Online choose number of passengers and your travel date - Instant Confirmation - Mobile E-Tickets Instantly.
- Depart Central Belfast 9:00am Sharp
- Carrickfergus Castle - 20 minutes
- Carnlough Harbour - 20 minutes
- Cushendun Caves - 20 minutes
- The Dark Hedges - 20 minutes
- Ballintoy Village - Lunch 1 hour
- Carrick a Rede Rope Bridge (Closed Covid 2022)
- Giant's Causeway Visit 2 Hours
- Dunluce Castle - photo opportunity
- Return Belfast City Approx 6 - 6:30pm
- Check in time 8:45am, tour departs 9:00am sharp daily
- Meeting point 10 Great Victoria Street, Belfast
(Next To Sub-Way Store)
- Printed or mobile voucher accepted.
If you decide to get off at any of our designated stops there can be times where you will need to walk to specific locations. Please come dressed appropriately for the season but keep in mind, the weather on the Coastal route can be cold at any time of the year.
- Covid Mask - Currently Essential
- Money For Lunch - Refreshments
- Packed lunch recommended
- Comfortable shoes
- Suitable clothing
- Giants Causeway - Bonus Location
- Walk the plank and cross the rope bridge (Closed Covid - Until 2022)
- Luxury Coach Transport Roundtrip
- Friendly Live Guide Host
- Lunch - Snacks - Drinks.
Be rest assured you will be traveling in super clean coaches - each nite every coach is fully disinfected in order to stop the spread of Covid.
We work to all government guidelines in order to fully protect all visitors and staff. For more information please see the full company mission statement here
- For Cancellation up to 24+ hours prior to departure - free cancellation.
- Cancellation less than 24 hours prior NO SHOW - 100% forfeited.
- Free to reshedule with 24 hours notice - message us